Adding Instagram posts into your Mailchimp email campaigns is a great way to increase engagement and have a more personalized connection with your subscribers.
The good news is that you can easily embed these on Mailchimp.
In this quick guide, I’ll show you how to embed Instagram posts, feeds, and videos in your Mailchimp email newsletters with easy-to-follow steps.
⚡Also Read: How to print Mailchimp newsletters
How To Embed Instagram Post In Mailchimp
There are two ways to embed Instagram posts in your Mailchimp campaigns – using blocks or with html code.
Let me show you both:
Using Instagram Blocks
The easiest way to embed Instagram posts in your Mailchimp emails is by using the Instagram Content Blocks app.
You can add content from your Instagram to your newsletters without leaving the email editor!
Plus, you will be able to feature up to four Instagram posts in a single newsletter, with the images linking to their respective Instagram posts, and the Instagram logo and account name linking to your Instagram profile.
To use this, you need to connect the Instagram Content Blocks app to your Mailchimp account.
You can do this through the app details page or Apps content block feature on Mailchimp’s new email builder.
To connect your Instagram account through the app detail page:
- Go to the Instagram Content Blocks app detail page.
- Click Connect.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click Allow to give Mailchimp permission to access your Instagram account.
- Your Instagram account is now connected to your Mailchimp account, and the Instagram Content Blocks app will be available in the new email builder.
Or you can connect your Instagram account through Mailchimp’s new email builder as well:
⚡Also Read: Mailchimp Abandoned Cart Not Working
- In the new email builder, click and drag the Apps content block onto your email template.
- In the Select App sidebar, click the plus sign on the Instagram Content Blocks to expand the options.
- Click Connect.
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Click Allow to give Mailchimp access to your Instagram account.
- Now you’ll be taken back to the email editor.
Your Instagram account username, layout style options, which posts you can display, and the size of a post will be visible on the app sidebar.
Embedding Instagram Posts Manually
You can also manually embed Instagram posts in Mailchimp emails using code blocks.
This is the only option if the instagram post you want to embed is not yours or on your account.
On the plus side, you don’t have to give Mailchimp access to your account!
Here’s how to do that:
- On Instagram, choose the post you want to embed.
- Click the three-dot icon and select Embed.
- Copy the generated HTML code.
- Now go to your Mailchimp and start composing a new email.
- Click Blocks and click and drag a Code block onto your template.
- Open the dropped Code block and paste the embed code you copied earlier.
That’s all there’s to it. Your Instagram post is now embedded in your Mailchimp newsletter.
How To Embed Instagram Feed On Mailchimp
Unfortunately there is no direct way to embed an entire Instagram feed on Mailchimp.
But there is a workaround if you want to embed like 20 – 30 posts.
You can do this by making a widget of your Instagram feed, take a screenshot of that feed and then embed it in your email.
Here’s how to do it
- Sign up for a free account on SociableKIT.
- Select your Instagram feed type on the dropdown.
- Enter your Instagram username or feed URL.
- Click NEXT. Change the layout, colors, font, and more to your preference.
- Click Save changes.
- Take a screenshot of the customized feed widget.
That’s it! You can now embed the screen shot as an image into your Mailchimp email.
Embed Instagram Video On Mailchimp
You can easily embed Instagram videos on Mailchimp newsletters by using a tool like Playable, that’s made for embedding videos on emails.
Here’s how to do it using Playable:
- Go to Playable and create a new account. Connect your Mailchimp and Playable accounts when you are asked to during sign up.
- Click Videos on the menu on the left side of your Playable account page.
- Now click + Add Video.
- Enter a title for the video, and enter Width Size as you want the video to appear on your email, or keep the dimensions suggested by Playable.
- Enter the URL of the Instagram video, and click Apply.
- Once your video is imported, Playable creates a 10-second preview. If you wish to use the video created by Playable, select Click Action from the menu, or select Editor If you prefer to create your own version of the video.
You can use Editor to create a video clip from the uploaded Instagram video, which will be played on your mailchimp email.
⚡Also Read: Mailchimp HTML Code Not Working
You can crop the video, emphasize key content, and adjust the duration using this Editor.
- Click Continue once you are done editing.
- Now you can enhance your video by adding features such as Captions, Watermark, Endcard, or Footer. Click Compile to proceed.
Playable then compiles the video into multiple versions, so that each recipient will receive a video optimized to their device and bandwidth.
- Add your call-to-action link to the video.
Use the drop-down above the preview window to preview your video email across major email services.
You can also send a sample for internal review by clicking Sample, filling out the form, and adding a message if you want.
- Once you are satisfied with the sample, click Embed on the left.
- Select Mailchimp from the drop-down list of email services.
- The HTML embed code optimized for Mailchimp will appear. Click Copy to Clipboard.
That’s it! Go back to the Mailchimp editor and drop a code block to where you need your video to be, and paste the HTML code from your clipboard onto that code block.
Now your new Mailchimp newsletter has the Instagram video on it!