Are you searching for the Best List Building Tools? You have landed in the right place then. We have got you covered right here.
If you are into online marketing and haven’t started building an email list, then you have already made an enormous blunder. It becomes important to build an email list to promote and grow your business.
Building an email list isn’t an easy task. It requires some basic knowledge and access to some powerful list-building tools. Here comes the most challenging part. There are a lot of list-building tools out there. Hence, it becomes difficult to choose the right one.
Which is the Best List Building Tool?
Pop-ups are one of the best ways to collect your users’ email addresses. The first tool on our list is a pop-up builder called Getsitecontrol. Getsitecontrol offers many marketing tools that help you generate more leads, such as Pop-up Builder, Optin Form Builder, Survey Tool, and a few more. Getsitecontrol offers all types of tools that help you in each step of growing your business. This tool has many advanced features that enable you to capture more email addresses and quickly build your email list. You can use its Pop-up Builder tool to create different forms of pop-ups, such as welcome pop-ups, exit intent pop-ups, and much more.
You can also embed pop-ups anywhere on your WordPress website or eCommerce store and notify users to signup for your newsletter. One of the highlights of the Getsitecontrol tool is its affordable pricing. You get access to premium features, like A/B testing, autoresponder, frequency controller, audience targeting, and much more at an affordable price. You can check Getsitecontrol tool pricing from the ‘Pricing’ section.
You can also use this tool for free and try its premium features, like live chat support, a library of beautiful templates, etc. You do not have to pay any additional money to access these premium features. Getsitecontrol also has a collection of ready-made templates to easily build pop-ups. It also comes with a powerful targeting feature called Behavior Triggers to display pop-ups based on your website visitors’ behavior.
Key Features of Getsitecontrol
- Getsitecontrol features an intuitive dashboard to create online forms, pop-ups, online surveys, etc.
- This tool has a powerful targeting feature called ‘Behavior Triggers’ to display pop-ups based on your visitors’ behavior and make it more personalized.
- One of the most highlighting features of Getsitecontrol is its 24*7 Live Chat Support that comes with both free and premium plans.
- Getsitecontrol lets you track the performance of your widgets in real-time to measure the success of your widgets.
- You can also create different versions of the same pop-up on your website simultaneously and test them with the help of A/B Testing.
- Getsitecontrol offers a huge collection of 75+ pre-designed newsletter pop-ups that you can use anytime and focus on building other important stuff.
- You can easily integrate this tool with Google Search Console with Zapier to check important metrics related to your pop-ups.
Getsitecontrol is a freemium conversion-boosting tool that comes at affordable pricing. This tool has three premium plans: Creator, Pro, and Pro Max. The Creator plan comes at $9.00 with features like autoresponder, page-level targeting, etc. The Pro plan starts at $19.00 and comes with all Creator plan features and a few advanced features like CSS editor, behavior triggers, etc. The Pro Max plan costs $29.00 monthly.
OptinMonster is one of the best conversion optimization toolkits that helps you get more conversions with its powerful features. Using this tool, you can create many different kinds of popups, such as gamified wheels pop-ups, lightbox pop-ups, floating bars, and more with its exceptional features. OptinMonster features an easy-to-use Drag & Drop editor to create widgets and forms in a few simple steps easily.
One of the powerful features of OptinMonster is the Behavior Trigger. Behavior Triggers let you choose when a particular pop-up should display or hide. For instance, you can show opt-in boxes based on users’ actions, such as time spent on the page, the number of pages visited, browser history, etc.
Another highlighting feature of OptinMonster is Page Level Targeting, which lets you customize your opt-in campaigns based on the page or section of your website. You can also use its ‘Geo-Location Targeting’ feature to personalize campaigns based on your visitors’ location. OptinMonster also lets you A/B test different versions of the same form or pop-up to optimize them for better performance.
Key Features Of OptinMonster
- OptinMonster features an intuitive Drag & Drop builder to quickly create pop-ups and forms in a few easy steps.
- You get access to hundreds of ready-to-use layouts to choose from and quickly start creating the widgets for your website or eCommerce store.
- One of the most important features of OptinMonster is its ‘Gamified Wheels Pop-up’ to engage with users and convert them simultaneously.
- You can also integrate the OptinMonster plugin with varied third-party services, such as Shopify, HubSpot, WordPress, etc.
- You can use its ‘Geo-Location Targeting’ feature to create personalized campaigns based on your visitors’ current location.
- This tool also supports A/B testing to analyze different versions of your opt-in forms and pop-ups and optimize them for better results.
- OptinMonster also features an Analytics tab to check your pop-ups and opt-in forms performance.
- It enables you to turn any content into gated content with its Content Locker feature.
OptinMonster is an email lead generation tool that has four premium plans: Basic, Plus, Pro, and Growth. The Basic plan costs $9 per month and lets you create unlimited campaigns, gives access to OptinMonster university, etc. The Plus plan comes at $19 per month with all Basic plan features and a few extra features, such as content locking, A/B testing, MonsterEffects, etc. The Pro and Growth plan comes at $29 and $49 monthly with more advanced features, like Zapier integration, countdown timers, priority live chat support, success scripts, and many more.
Hello Bar is a popular email lead generation tool that lets you easily design bars, modals, and sliders for your website or eCommerce store. You can also create floating alerts and page takeovers with the help of Hello Bar. Hello Bar enables you to create different widgets to help you generate more leads from your existing website traffic. One of the highlighting features of Hello Bar is its ‘Design Assistant.’ The Design Assistant automatically detects your website design and suggests colors, fonts, and styling. You don’t need to spend hours picking the right color. You can simply choose one color combination from the given options.
Similar to OptinMonster, Hello Bar also lets you target users based on different factors, such as their city, state, country, and more. Furthermore, Hello Bar lets you customize any element with its Drag & Drop visual editor. You can easily customize multiple elements, such as color, size, layout, etc. Another highlighting feature of Hello Bar is that it offers a massive collection of beautifully designed templates for varied use-cases. You get templates for sliders, page takeovers, floating alerts, and more.
You can also target users through advertisements, campaigns, sources, mediums, etc. Coming over to its robust tracking and optimization features. Hello Bar also provides a detailed analytics dashboard to see important metrics and analyze widgets’ performance. Besides, it also has an integrated A/B testing tool that lets you find better-performing campaigns amongst many similar campaigns.
Key Features Of Hello Bar
- The Hello Bar tool comes with Drag & Drop functionality to ease the creation of bars, modals, sliders, and more.
- You get access to hundreds of pre-designed themes and layouts to choose from and publish widgets in less time.
- Hello Bar also lets you target users based on different factors, such as their city, state, country, and more.
- One of the advanced features of Hello Bar is its Design Assistant, which suggests suitable colors, fonts, and styling according to your website design.
- Hello Bar supports popular third-party services, such as WordPress, Blogger, MailChimp, Webflow, etc.
- This tool also features a detailed analytics dashboard to see important metrics and analyze widgets’ performance.
Hello Bar is a freemium email lead generation tool. You can sign up for the free version of Hello Bar from the website and use the basic features. Else, it has three premium plans: Growth, Premium, and Elite. The Growth plan comes at $29 monthly. Meanwhile, the Premium and Elite plan cost $49 monthly and $99 monthly. Of course, all three plans offer different features.
One of the best strategies to build your email list quickly is to use interactive elements, like quizzes, surveys, tests, etc., to collect visitors’ emails. And in that case, you will need a powerful tool to work on these. Outgrow is the perfect tool to help you in this situation. Outgrow is a content marketing software platform that helps you gain more email subscribers by using interactive content. It is an ideal tool for adding interactive elements to your landing pages or articles. With the help of Outgrow, you can create other interactive content, such as calculators, interactive quizzes, and polls.
One of the powerful features of Outgrow is that it offers 1000+ customizable layouts to choose from and improves your conversion rates. Whatever you create with Outgrow, all your content will be highly optimized for different screens and browsers. In addition, Outgrow comes with built-in A/B testing that lets you analyze which content performs best.
Furthermore, Outgrow supports logical branching. Outgrow lets you add unlimited logical branches for each question to make the quizzes more detailed. It also has a Performance feature that computes the overall performance of the content and rates it from 0 to 100. The score is divided into four factors: Engagement, Conversion, Share, and Acquisition. Many well-known brands like Nike, Adobe, Salesforce, etc., have used Outgrow.
Key Features Of Outgrow
- Outgrow is a perfect tool for creating interactive content like calculators, interactive quizzes, polls, surveys, polls, etc.
- This tool features an intuitive Drag & Drop editor to create interactive content without any need for coding.
- One of the key features of Outgrow is its huge library of 1000+ beautiful pre-optimized templates to choose from.
- Outgrow also offers a detailed analytics dashboard to track and analyze the performance of your content. You can check the real-time analytics of your content.
- You can also create tools, like an ROI calculator, pricing calculator, growth calculator, website calculator, etc.
- This tool also has built-in A/B testing that lets you analyze which content performs best.
- Outgrow quickly integrates with popular CRM tools, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.
Outgrow comes with three premium plans: Freelancer, Essential, and Business. The Freelancer plan starts at $25 per month and lets you create seven content types, generate 12,000 leads per year, etc. The Essential plan comes at $95 per month with eight content types and generates 20,000 leads in one year. The Business plan costs $600 for one month, including all content types. You can check each plan’s features on their ‘Pricing’ page.
Picreel offers the best-in-class popup builder, equipped with the most advanced features and personalization to help users build attractive website popups and collect contact information seamlessly. The tool is also quick to set up and extremely easy to use, which makes it a very attractive choice.
Picreel comes loaded with 100+ built-in popup templates, including video popups, newsletter popups, lead capture forms, exit surveys, and more, which you can use to create popup designs instantly. You also get a range of customization options along with white labeling capabilities to make your popups reflect your brand identity.
On top of that, the tool offers advanced targeting options that you can use to target your audience niche based on visitors’ geography, cookie preferences, device type, scroll behavior, and much more. You can also integrate Picreel with over 700 different online tools to make your workflows more efficient.
Key features of Picreel
- Picreel supports built-in A/B testing of your popup campaigns that can help you pick the most effective ones by testing them with real users.
- With the intuitive visual builder, you can easily create personalized popups, discount offers, wheel of fortune, and nano bars.
- Always show your popups to the right people and at the right time with built-in targeting and triggering capabilities.
- Make your designs stand out from the crowd with 100+ templates, rebranding options, theme customization, and much more.
- Easily track the performance of your popups and overall campaigns with the help of built-in analytics and reporting features.
Picreel offers the most simple pricing plan in the market to make buying experience hassle-free. Picreel features one price for everything, which comes at $39.97 monthly, and it includes all the features that the tool has to offer. You can also add the white label package at just $300 per year.
MobileMonkey is one of the best sales automation outreach solutions that offer various marketing solutions to increase your sales and improve your visitors’ experience. MobileMonkey also has an Omnichannel Chatbot Builder. It is an exceptional tool for building chatbots and embedding them into your website in a few easy steps. For example, you can embed and create Live Chat, Facebook Messenger bot, and more and add them to your website.
With MobileMonkey, you can easily create an AI-powered chatbot and easily handle support queries. In addition, it features an easy-to-use editor to build a chatbot with different elements, such as text, images, headings, links, GIFs, etc. In addition, you can also enable features like typing indicators, message seen indicators, and more.
One of the key features of MobileMonkey is it supports omnichannel communication. In short, the chat done on the web browser will also be visible on the Facebook Messenger applications. As a result, you can easily respond to conversations across your website, Facebook Messenger, SMS text messaging, and apps from a single inbox. With the help of MobileMoney, you can grow your revenue, generate leads, and offer real-time support to your customers.
Key Features Of MobileMonkey
- MobileMonkey Chatbot offers a reflexive builder to create attractively responsive live chat tools for your website.
- MobileMonkey Chatbot has omnichannel support that enables you to talk with your clients from a single dashboard.
- It also features a universal dashboard to manage and respond to all chats from a single dashboard.
- MobileMonkey offers a separate analytics section to check metrics like total conversations, average response time, etc.
- You can also enable advanced features, like typing indicators, message seen indicators, and more with ease.
- With MobileMonkey, you can create a powerful chatbot using elements such as text, images, headings, links, GIFs, etc.
- You can use the Zapier tool to integrate this tool with any other third-party tool of your choice in a few easy steps.
MobileMonkey is a premium chatbot tool. They also offer a free trial that lets you test all premium features for a few days. You can sign up for the Free Trial on their official website. Furthermore, MobileMonkey has three varied pricing plans: Pro, Unicorn, and Team. The Pro plan starts at $14.25 per month when billed annually. The Unicorn and Team plan cost $36.75 and $299 per month for one user.
OptiMonk is one of the best pop-up builders that comes with many advanced and useful features. It is a perfect tool to build stunning pop-ups for your website and generate more leads. OptiMonk has different tools to collect more email leads without ruining your site’s user experience. You can also use OptiMonk to create Shopping Cart Abandonment pop-ups and reduce cart abandonment. Besides this, you can also use this tool to collect feedback, upsell and cross-sell products, etc. OptiMonk comes with an easy-to-use Drag & Drop editor that lets you build pop-ups in less time. Besides this, it offers many ready-made templates for different uses. You can browse pop-ups by industry types, such as eCommerce, SaaS, and Publisher. It provides plenty of ready-to-use layouts and themes for each industry.
One of the highlighting features of OptiMonk is its massive library of interactive elements, which also features the popular Spinning Wheel element. OptiMonk also has advanced targeting features, such as timed-display control, scroll-based triggering, OnClick triggering, etc. These features let you show your offer after users perform a certain action. One of the powerful features of OptiMonk is Monitoring Inactivity, which automatically shows a message when the user stops all the activity, such as scrolling, clicking, etc.
Furthermore, OptiMonk also comes with many customization features, such as 200+ beautiful templates, Unique CTA buttons, unlimited text elements, countdown timers, etc. You can easily integrate OptinMonster with popular CMSs, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, etc., and popular CRMs, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, etc. You can integrate it with many software without any hassle.
Key Features Of OptiMonk
- OptiMonk features a WYSIWYG editor, a.k.a Drag & Drop editor, to create stunning and result-oriented pop-ups with ease.
- You get access to more than 200 customizable pop-up layouts to choose from.
- OptiMonk offers many customization options, like unique CTA buttons, unlimited text elements, countdown timers, etc.
- This tool comes with multiple triggers, such as timed-display control, scroll-based triggering, OnClick triggering, monitoring inactivity, etc.
- OptiMonk allows you to show or hide messages based on users’ behavior on your site, such as pages visited, current page, browsing history, etc.
- With the help of OptiMonk, you can also add interactive elements, like Lucky Wheel and Scratchcard, to your blog or eCommerce stores.
- You can seamlessly integrate OptiMonk with popular software, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.
OptiMonk comes with both a free plan and premium plans. The Free plan is limited to the basic features. Besides this, they have four premium plans: Essential, Growth, Premium, and Master. The Essential plan comes at $29 monthly, including features like A/B Testing. The Growth plan starts at $79 per month, and the Premium plan at $199 monthly. At last, the Master plan is a custom plan. You need to get the quote from the sales team.
Gravity Forms is one of the most popular contact form builder plugins for WordPress. It lets you create responsive forms in a few minutes. Gravity Forms is one of the best contact form plugins for creating forms for your WordPress site. One of the highlighting features of Gravity Forms is its Drag & Drop builder to design and publish contact forms with ease quickly. Gravity Forms also lets you easily customize your forms with its customization features. Before creating the forms, you can set your form requirements, such as the number of columns needed, form width, etc. Gravity Forms also comes with Pagination Support, which automatically breaks the longer forms into multiple pages to make them more accessible and readable.
One of the most important things you should look at in the best contact form plugin is the number and types of elements. You should get a plugin with all types of elements. Gravity Forms offers all kinds of fields to add to your forms and collect more information from users. The Gravity Forms plugin offers more than 30 form fields to create any type of form easily. Your forms will be fully responsive for different screen sizes, including mobile phones. It also supports Conditional Logic to display or hide fields, sections, pages, and more, based on user choices.
One of the powerful features of Gravity Forms is that it automatically sends the collected data to different places, such as any CRM, Zapier, Email, etc. You can smoothly connect Gravity Forms with different payment gateways to accept and receive payments, such as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, etc. Gravity Forms also has a useful feature for eCommerce store owners to automate the payment process and avoid manual processing.
Key Features Of Gravity Form
- Gravity Forms has a massive library of ready-made and attractive layouts of contact forms, webinar registration forms, newsletter signup forms, etc.
- You can integrate the Gravity Forms plugin with PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net to receive and accept payments through your forms.
- Gravity Form comes with a Drag & Drop editor to quickly create any kind of form by just drag and dropping the fields.
- One of the most important features of Gravity Forms is Field Validation to maintain the consistency of the data entered by users.
- Gravity Form plugin also supports Custom Form CSS to use custom code to make your form more attractive.
- Gravity Form plugin offers more than 30 form fields to enter into your form to easily create any form.
Gravity Forms has three premium plans: Basic, Elite, and Pro. The Basic plan comes at $41 yearly with standard support. The Elite plan comes at $181 for one year with priority support. The Pro plan costs $111 yearly, with the standard support. All three plans offer varied features. You can check the features from the official ‘Pricing’ page.
ReferralCandy lets you create a feature-rich referral-based system for your customers in simple steps. It is one of the best lead generation tools for gathering detailed insights about your customers. It helps you capture more leads and prospects for your online business. ReferralCandy comes with many handier yet advanced features to create a reward system for your customers. One of the highlighting features of ReferralCandy is that it supports custom CSS and HTML to take complete control over your templates. In addition, all pages work smoothly and beautifully across different devices, such as mobile, tablets, and PCs. It is used by industry-leading brands, such as Sennheiser, ThreadBeast, Feed, and FlatTummy. Besides, it also has some premium plans that offer some exceptional features.
Key Features Of ReferralCandy
- ReferalCandy offers enough yet powerful features to create referral-based systems for your customers easily.
- This software smoothly integrates with popular third-party eCommerce services, such as Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, etc.
- ReferralCandy lets you offer multiple kinds of rewards to your members, from cash rewards to custom gifts.
- One of the highlighting features of ReferralCandy is its detailed analytics to check metrics like top referrers, rewards given, etc.
- Another highlighting feature of ReferralCandy is a vast library of attractive and customizable templates.
- Referral programs created by ReferalCandy work smoothly on all devices, including mobile devices.
- ReferralCandy is compatible with all eCommerce platforms, such as WooCommerce, Shopify, Shopify Plus, etc.
ReferralCandy has both a free plan and premium plans. You can create a free account from their official website or visit the below-mentioned link. Besides this, it has two premium plans: Premium and Enterprise. The Enterprise plan starts at $49 per month, and the Enterprise plan is priced at $3,999 when billed annually. You can check the features available with each plan by clicking on the given link.
ActiveCampaign is one of the best email marketing tools with many powerful features. One of the key features of ActiveCampaign is its Advanced Automation. You can use automation features to automate your email marketing campaign and increase your ROI. ActiveCampaign has many advanced features, such as segmentation, split testing, email automation, autoresponders, etc. It has all features to help you in each stage of your email marketing campaign: Reach, Nurture, Convert and Grow. In addition, ActiveCampaign lets you automate your eCommerce store purchase emails, transactional emails, cart abandonment emails, and more.
One of the most important features of ActiveCampaign is its in-built CRM. ActiveCampaign features an all-in-one dashboard to manage all your leads and email marketing campaigns in one place. With its CRM, you can easily manage sales pipelines, update deals, assign lead scores, and more. ActiveCampaign is an ideal email marketing tool for small businesses, marketing teams, and creators with limited budgets. eCommerce stores, B2B businesses, and B2C businesses can easily use this tool to automate their sales process.
Key features of ActiveCampaign
- ActiveCampaign lets you create user groups by location, tags, age, and behavior with other advanced segmentation features.
- This tool has a huge library of ready-made email layouts for varied use-cases, such as Cart Abandonment, Newsletters, Holidays, etc.
- ActiveCampaign also comes with an A/B testing feature to test your emails’ subject lines, images, content, call-to-actions, etc.
- This tool is compatible with popular third-party eCommerce CMSs like Shopify and WooCommerce.
- ActiveCampaign easily integrates with over 870 most popular software, from eCommerce to lead generation tools.
- One of the key features of ActiveCampaign is its super fast and excellent delivery rate with zero failures.
ActiveCampaign is a premium email marketing software with four different paid plans: Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise. The Lite and Plus plan costs $9 and $49 monthly. The Professional plan comes at $149 per month when billed annually. All three plans offer different features.
Sleeknote is a popular email lead generation tool that helps you generate more email subscribers with the help of pop-ups. Sleeknote enables you to convert your visitors into email subscribers with giveaways, lead magnets, discounts and offers. Sleeknote lets you seamlessly design three types of pop-ups: discount pop-ups, giveaways pop-ups, and newsletter pop-ups. One of the highlighting features of Sleeknote is its Preview feature.
Sleeknote allows you to preview your pop-ups before publishing to see what the final version looks like. In addition, it also features the Drag & Drop editor to easily create different pop-ups in less time and a little effort. You can also easily integrate Sleeknote with third-party CRMs, such as Salesforce and HubSpot, to directly add your leads to your favorite CRMs. Sleeknote also integrates with 1200+ software for smooth functioning. You can even send a request for the missing software integration.
Key Features Of Sleeknote
- Sleeknote lets you design three kinds of pop-ups: discount pop-ups, giveaways pop-ups, and newsletter Pop-ups.
- It features an easy-to-handle WYSIWYG editor to design pop-ups in a shorter time with minimal effort.
- One of the key features of Sleeknote is that it easily integrates with 1200+ software for smooth functioning.
- You can also easily integrate Sleeknote with Salesforce or HubSpot to directly send your leads to your favorite email marketing tool.
- Sleeknote lets you preview your pop-ups before publishing them, which helps avoid penalties by Google.
Sleeknote has five premium plans: Lite, Basic, Plus, Pro, and Premium. The Lite and Basic plans come at €49 and €59 monthly. The Plus and Pro plan cost €114 and €225 for one month. The Premium plan comes at €369 monthly. You can check the features of each plan by visiting the link mentioned below.
Listagram is a popular pop-up builder tool that lets you build gamified pop-ups for your website or eCommerce store. It enables you to create interactive pop-ups for your website to capture more leads. You can easily edit the pop-ups to make them more attractive and engaging. One of the highlighting features of Listagram is that it has themes for different occasions and seasons. You can pick one theme from the given option and start creating gamified pop-ups.
Listagram also offers an advanced analytical dashboard to monitor your pop-ups’ performance and analyze them with time. It allows you to check how your pop-ups perform across different devices to get a detailed picture.
Key Features Of Listagram
- Listagram features an easy-to-use and interactive dashboard to design gamified pop-ups without any need for technical knowledge.
- It also offers an advanced dashboard to keep track of your widget performance and analyze them.
- Listagram also lets you check your pop-ups’ performance across different devices, such as smartphones.
- It works seamlessly with all eCommerce platforms, such as WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magneto, etc.
Listagram is a freemium tool. Its free plan is suitable for individuals and small websites. Besides this, it has three premium plans: Starter, Growth, and Pro. The Starter plan costs $29 monthly, which is ideal for new businesses. And the Pro plan starts at $299 monthly.
How to Build an Email List Quickly: 10 Best Strategies
Creating and implementing the right strategy is essential to building an email list. Yet, creating a robust strategy isn’t easy again. It requires a lot of trials, effort, and time. After putting all these together, you get a results-driven email list-building strategy. We know it’s not easy, but we love making this simple. Here are the ten best strategies to quickly build an email list.
1. Create a Personalized Call-to-action
According to Hubspot, personalized CTAs convert 202% better than basic CTAs. Yes, 202% higher. Here personalized CTAs refer to creating individual CTA for varied customers’ intents. CTAs encourage visitors to take expected actions when they land on the sales page. Without a compelling CTA, a sales page can’t convert visitors into email subscribers.
When users visit your blog, they already have a problem; now, they are looking for the solution on your website. You can use this as an opportunity and convert them into email subscribers. You can provide them with the solution in your article and strategically convert them into subscribers by adding a compelling CTA.
For instance, visitors land on your article on ‘How to Create a Landing Page.’ You already know what they are looking for; exactly the steps to create a landing page. Your detailed guide will solve this problem. Now, you also know that they will need some ready-made layouts to create stunning landing pages.
You can now convert your existing customers by adding a CTA in the article like ‘Signup to Download Proven Landing Page Templates.’ Of course, interested users will signup and download the free pre-designed landing page templates.
2. Use Pop-ups, Especially Exit Intent Pop-ups
We all have heard about ‘Pop-ups,’ but never imagined they can also help in list building. One of the best strategies to get more signups is to use pop-ups on your website to build a powerful email list. According to Sumo.com, the average conversion rate of pop-ups is 3.09%. You can use different pop-ups on your website, such as welcome pop-ups, exit intent, scroll-in, etc. You will need to test and figure out the right one for your websites. You should select pop-up types which capture the most email subscribers.
However, you need to care about your website’s users’ experience while using pop-ups. We always suggest using exit-intent pop-ups to get more conversions. A newsletter signup pop-up appears when a visitor tries to exit the page when we add an exit intent pop-up. You have to give something valuable for free to get their email addresses. The freebie or lead magnet would be worth the premium product, so they can’t deny it.
What do we mean by Gamification in list building? Is it similar to games or quizzes? Yes. Gamification refers to adding interactive elements to your pages to convert visitors into email subscribers. Gamification’s ultimate goal is to convert visitors into email subscribers by engaging them. Some of the best examples of Gamification are quizzes, surveys, tests, wheel of fortune pop-ups, and scratchcards.
Here is a great example of Gamification in action. The page has an interactive element, which is a wheel of fortune pop-up with prizes. In the image, the eCommerce store is offering some discounts as prizes. When a user spins the wheel and wins some discount or prize, the pop-up asks them to submit their email address to send the discount code. In this way, they easily collect users’ email addresses with their consent.
4. Use Squeeze Pages
Squeeze Landing Pages are the most common and used landing pages. Marketers usually call this page a ‘Lead Capture’ as it helps them collect personal information about their visitors. These pages are designed to ask for information like name, email address, phone number, etc.
Squeeze landing pages usually record high exit rates because most people don’t want to share their personal info. This page type will help you get more email subscribers, as their primary purpose is only to capture more leads. The attached image is the perfect example of squeeze pages.
5. Use Lead Magnets
Using lead magnets is one of the best strategies to get more subscribers and build your email list quickly. Everyone loves free stuff but does not share their personal information like name, email address, phone number, etc. You can easily ask for someone’s information only when you give them something for free in return. And, in that case, lead magnets help you a lot.
Lead magnet is a valuable resource we offer for free to attract more visitors and encourage them to share their email addresses. A lead magnet could be a PDF guide, ebook, free trial, plugins, themes, gift guides, stock images, etc. Here comes an interesting point. Your freebies should be precious enough to attract visitors like a magnet. You don’t need to spend any additional money on campaigns.
6. Do Contest and Giveaways
Brands run contests and giveaways to engage and build trust with their audience. However, content and giveaways also help in collecting email addresses. Running contests and giveaways is another best strategy to build an email list quickly. You can run social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook to run giveaways and contests.
Giveaways are cost-effective, which is one of the best things about them. They aren’t as expensive as advertising. You also need to ensure that the giveaway prize is related to your target audience. For instance, if you want gadget lovers on your email list, be sure you are offering any kind of gadget as a reward, not a clothing item in return. The below image is a great example of running giveaways to capture more leads.
7. Create More Landing Pages
You are losing a lot of potential email subscribers every day if you use a single landing page to capture leads. Research by HubSpot states that companies reported a 55% increase in lead generation when they used more than ten landing pages. We generally create a single sales page for all user types, assuming all users visit with the same intent. But each user lands on your website with a different question in their mind.
It’s impossible to guess why they have landed on your website. Creating personalized landing pages can help you in this. Personalized landing pages let you reach a wider audience. You can create an individual landing page for each type of user according to their intent. This will help increase the conversion rate of your landing pages and the number of subscribers.
8. Include a CTA on your About Us Page
You might be wondering: Who visits the ‘About Us’ page? Do customers even bother to visit the About Us page? Your answer is correct. Some people don’t care about the ‘About Us’ page. They don’t even bother to visit the page once. But some do.
First-time visitors always check your ‘About Us’ page to learn more about your brand or company. Your ‘About Us’ let them know about your brand. If they think your brand can help them in some way or another, they will proceed to visit the ‘Product or Service’ page. You can include a CTA on your ‘About Us’ page that encourages them to signup for your newsletter, etc.
9. Encourage Visitors to Sign Up Immediately
While it’s important to create compelling CTAs, it’s even more important to place them at the right time and place. You need to decide the position of your CTA strategically so it can get you more email leads. We typically send newsletters around the core topics of our niche.
For instance, if your niche is marketing, you might be creating newsletters around SEO and advertising. So, it becomes easier for you to create a personalized CTA for each topic. You can create a customized CTA describing your newsletter purpose so that users can quickly know and signup. They don’t need to think much before signing up.
10. Offer Content Upgrades
Content Upgrade or Gated Content is one of the best strategies to build an email list quickly. You might have come across websites that give access to the half content and ask you to sign up to view the full content. This is known as a content upgrade or gated content. Gated Content is one of the best and most cost-effective strategies to collect the email addresses of your visitors.
You simply need to restrict your premium content and prompt users to sign up to access the exclusive content. You can do this with your premium case studies, research papers, product research, etc. Yet, you need to make sure that the quality of the gated content is worth sharing an email address. The image attached-mentioned is the perfect example of the gated content.
If you’re tight on your budget, check out the Getsitecontrol tool. Getsitecontrol offers all types of features, from basic to advanced, at an affordable price. It has multiple tools that help you generate more email leads, such as Pop-up Builder, Optin Form Builder, Survey Tool, etc. It has almost all types of tools that help you in each step of growing your business.
Besides this, we have a few other options as well on the list. If you want a dedicated email marketing tool, then you can check the ActiveCampaign tool. On the other hand, if you only want a tool to build gamified pop-ups, then Listagram is perfect. Suppose you only want to create online forms to embed on your website, then Gravity Forms is a great tool to go with in this case. Every tool mentioned in this article has its own benefits. Before choosing a tool, you need to determine your primary purpose.