Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology has almost taken over the traditional landline system in the past few years. Many small businesses have started adopting this technology to save money and increase efficiency.
VoIP technology has many advanced features and integration capabilities to make business operations smoother.
If VoIP sounds technical and confusing to you. Let us explain in simple words.
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a technology that allows you to make phone calls over the internet. One of the main advantages of VoIP is that it can be used on any device with an internet connection. Also, they offer better-quality voice calls and are much cheaper than traditional phone service providers.
VoIP not only helps you save money, but it is also more advanced, portable, and scalable compared to traditional landlines.
Best Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Services
There are many VoIP services out there but you don’t know which offers a smooth and sleek experience. To help you with this, we dug deep and found the best VoIP service, providers.
First VoIP Provider on our list is CallHippo. CallHippo is a VoIP company that enables businesses to have high-quality phone service without expensive hardware. It is one of the Best VoIP Services for small businesses and enterprises. CallHippo offers a variety of features, from basic phone services to more advanced call management and contact center solutions. It comes with many advanced features, from Power Dialer to IVR. And these features help in increasing your team’s productivity and increase efficiency. One of the strongest features of CallHippo is its Power Dialer which automatically dials the calls once you run the campaign. You only need to upload an excel sheet with all the numbers, and Power Dialer will automatically dial all the contacts. This will save a lot of your team’s time and effort.
One of the common problems with VoIP Providers is the lousy connectivity. Sometimes, customers on the other end cannot hear properly, or the call disconnects. Thanks to CallHippo for having a dedicated feature, so you never face this issue. CallHippo has a feature called Smart Switch. The Smart Switch feature allows your agents to switch between multiple telephony providers. According to CallHippo, this can improve connectivity by 17%.
Another highlighting feature of CallHippo is Global Connect. It might be possible that you are getting calls from different countries and time zones. With the help of the Global Connect feature, you can know the exact time zone, country, date, and time of the prospect before connecting. This way, you can easily figure out if it is the right time to connect or not. CallHippo has a powerful Call Queuing feature that lets you add personalized messages for the callers to inform them that you will connect with them shortly. Else, you can also add on-hold music to keep your customers engaged and entertained while on hold.
One of the highlights of CallHippo is its Call Analytics features. You get a separate dashboard to track your team members’ performance and know their areas for improvement. With the help of this, you can check multiple things, such as outgoing calls, incoming calls, missed calls, and more. Besides this, you can check the available agents and agents currently on the call. You can also keep an eye on the live activity, such as live calls, calls in queue, etc. Coming over to the CallHippo integrations part. You can integrate CallHippo with popular software like Slack, Zapier, SurveyMonkey, Keap, and more.
Key Features Of CallHippo
- One of the most robust features of CallHippo is its Power Dialer which automatically dials the numbers after uploading the excel sheet with all the contacts.
- CallHippo has a powerful feature called Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) to route calls among all the support team members equally.
- CallHippo’s Smart Switch feature allows agents to instantly switch between multiple telephony providers if they face any connectivity issue.
- CallHippo has a Smart Call Forwarding feature that lets you forward calls coming to you on any of your team member’s numbers in one tap.
- CallHippo’s Interactive Voice Response feature lets you add a pre-recorded voice to help customers reach the right person based on their issues or queries.
- CallHippo comes with a powerful Call Queuing feature that lets you add a voice message to inform them that you will connect with them in a short span.
- It offers a separate dashboard to track your team member’s performance and KPIs, such as live calls, calls in queue, available agents, etc.
- Another key feature of CallHippo is the Call Conference feature to get more done by collaborating with other team members.
- It has a unique Call Bargaining feature, specially designed for admins to supervise their agents’ performance and intervene to offer the best solution.
- You can also add on-hold music to keep your callers engaged and entertained while keeping them on hold.
- CallHippo comes with popular third-party software integrations, such as Slack, Shopify, Zendesk, Zapier, SurveyMonkey, Keap, and more.
- It comes with other essential features, such as Voice Mail, Call Recording, Call Monitoring, IVR, and others.
- Easy-to-setup and use
- 24/7 customer support
- Affordable pricing
- Free version
- CRM Integrations
- UI could be better
- Might face bugs
- Metered Calling
- 24/7 customer support, but needs some improvements
CallHippo is a Premium VoIP Service. It has four premium plans: Bronze, Silver, Platinum, and Enterprise. The Bronze and Silver plan comes at $16 and $24 monthly for one user. Besides, the Platinum and Enterprise plan comes at $40 and $48 per month for one user.
OpenPhone is a Popular VoIP Service Provider known for offering advanced cloud-based communication functionality for better and smoother operations. It is a VoIP service that allows its users to make phone calls from anywhere with the internet. It is a modern solution for small businesses and startups. OpenPhone comes with a few additional unique features that aren’t present in any other VoIP Service Provider. With OpenPhone, you get varied features, such as Call Routing, Call Management, Voice Recognition, and much more. One of the most highlighted features of OpenPhone is its SMS support. Most VoIP service providers don’t provide SMS support. But, OpenPhone supports text messaging. You get an intuitive dashboard to try solving your customers’ problems via chat before getting on a call. If the problem isn’t solved via chat, you can connect them through an audio or video call.
It supports multimedia formats, such as documents, images, videos, and audio. It has many more basic features. For instance, you can also privately mention your colleague in the thread with OpenPhone. You see all your coming calls and text messages in one dashboard, so you don’t need to switch from one tab to another. In addition, you can text and call anyone globally without any limitations. One of the highlighting features of OpenPhone is the Interactive Response Feature. The Interactive Response Feature helps to know the customer’s reason for reaching out to you and route them to the right person according to their reason.
Another best part about OpenPhone is that you can set business hours and holidays. For instance, you can tell the system when you are available and when not. It will automatically mute calls when you are off or unavailable at your desk. Else, you can route calls to your personal number if you are out of the office. Besides, it has some essential features, such as Call Recording, Call Transfer, Call Management, Call Monitoring, etc.
Key Features Of OpenPhone
- OpenPhone is a modern solution for small businesses and startups that offers all the essential features at an affordable price.
- It also comes with SMS support to try solving your customers’ queries through chat first for faster resolution.
- OpenPhone also lets you mention or tag your team members in internal threads without letting customers know about it.
- You also set business hours to mute calls when you aren’t available or easily redirect them to another number.
- OpenPhone has all essential features, such as Call Recording, Call Transfer, Call Management, Call Monitoring, etc.
- One of the key features of OpenPhone is that you can get unlimited numbers for different people and locations.
- OpenPhone is perfect for all purposes, including sales, support, recruiting, eCommerce, service-based businesses, and real estate.
- You can only integrate OpenPhone with three popular software: Slack, Zapier, and HubSpot CRM.
- Affordable pricing
- Suitable for small businesses and startups
- Intuitive user interface
- Supports browser login to call and text
- Text message support
- Offers basic features only
- Quite buggy (can be fixed in updates)
- Limited integrations
OpenPhone has three paid plans: Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. The Standard plan costs $10 monthly for one user. The Premium plan costs $20 monthly for one user. In the end, the Enterprise plan is a custom plan. You can request a quote for their requirements from the OpenPhone’s Sales Team. OpenPhone also offers a free trial of their service. You can opt for the free trial from their official website.
CloudTalk is one of the Best VoIP Service Providers. You can take the phone number of any country and connect anywhere in the world by working locally but growing globally. CloudTalk has many advanced yet beginner-friendly features, such as Call Queuing, Call Recording, Internal Calls Support, Voice Mail, and much more. One of the best parts about CloudTalk is that they let you easily port your existing phone numbers to CloudTalk. You can also get toll-free numbers to reach out to your client for free or at a very minimal cost.
One of the most interesting features of CloudTalk is that they also provide five-digit short phone numbers, such as 16 xxx, 17 xxx, etc. Like OpenPhone, CloudTalk lets you set business hours to let the system know when you are available and unavailable. The system automatically routes or mutes all the calls when you are unavailable. You can also add personalized greetings to play when the caller calls your agents for the first time.
CloudTalk also has an easy-to-use Call Flow Designer feature to handle calls coming into your contact center with ease. You can also add different elements to your workflows, such as IVR, time-router, business hours, welcome message, and many more. One of the unique features of this VoIP service is Skill-Based Routing. Skill Based Routing feature lets you automatically route calls to agents having similar skills and expertise to callers’ issues.
One of the most highlighting features of CloudTalk is its Auto-Answer. Auto-Answer lets you answer calls automatically one after one without any gap. Hence, it helps grow your business faster and improve customer experience. You can also set a preferred agent for each client to ensure their calls are always connected to the right person. CloudTalk has other basic features, such as IVR, ACD, Text Messages Support, and more. You can also integrate CloudTalk with third-party software, including Pipedrive, Zendesk, Zapier, HubSpot, and more.
Key Features Of CloudTalk
- CloudTalk has many intuitive and essential features, such as Call Queuing, Call Recording, Internal Calls Support, Voice Mail, and more.
- You can integrate CloudTalk with popular third-party software, including Pipedrive, Zendesk, Zapier, HubSpot, and more.
- One of the most key features of CloudTalk is Auto-Answer to answer calls automatically without a break and improve efficiency.
- CloudTalk comes with Text Messages support that opens new ways to communicate with your customers and hear their concerns.
- With CloudTalk, you can get toll-free numbers to reach out to your client for free or at a very minimal cost.
- It has a Call Masking feature to ensure that your private number is never disclosed when calling customers.
- CloudTalk also provides an analytics dashboard to check your call center or customer support team activities in real-time.
- You can use the Skill Based Routing feature to automatically redirect calls to a particular agent according to their skills and expertise.
- CloudTalk also confirms that all the calls ring to all available agents for faster communication and better results.
- Unlimited numbers in the queue
- Free trial
- Virtual phone numbers in more than 180 countries
- Tag categorization
- User-friendly call flow builder
- Phone support is not available on the Starter and Essential plan
- Can add only three people in a call conference
CloudTalk is a Premium VoIP Service that comes with a 14-days free trial. You can opt for the free trial and test their premium features for a few days. Besides this, it has three paid plans: Starter, Essential, and Expert. The Starter plan comes at $25 monthly for one user. The Essential and Expert plan is $30 and $50 per month for one user.
Virtual Landline is one of the Best Voice Over Internet Protocol Services for individuals and businesses. It is a UK build company that offers flexible cloud-based phone systems. The USP of Virtual Landline is its cost-effectiveness. Virtual Landline has many advanced features, one of which is Direct Inward Dialling Selection. The Direct Inward Dialling Selection feature lets you route calls to your existing UK landlines or mobile numbers with DID numbers without needing physical lines. It also allows you to send a confirmation message reminding customers that they will be connected shortly. In addition, it also has an Auto-Attendant Configuration feature to add a professional greeting message to play before joining the call with the caller.
Virtual Landline also makes sure that all calls ring to five agents at the same time for faster connectivity. If you want to redirect your business to any UK-based number, you can also do that easily with Virtual Landline. One of the highlights of Virtual Landline is Time of Day Routing. Using the Time of Day Routing feature, you can specify the times and days when incoming calls should be routed to specific devices and numbers. You can even play an Out-of-Hours message to let your customers know your availability. So, they can call when you are available.
Furthermore, you can also add on-hold music to keep your customers engaged while they are waiting. Pay As You Go (PAYG) is the pricing model of Virtual Landline. You only pay for what you use. You don’t need to pay anything extra besides this.
Key Features Of Virtual Landline
- Virtual Landline is an ideal solution for individuals and business owners to get VoIP services at a reasonable price.
- Its DID Selection feature lets you route calls to your existing UK landlines, mobile numbers, or employees with DID numbers without the need for physical lines.
- You can play an Out-of-Hours message to let customers know your business hours to call you later.
- Virtual Landline’s Time of Day Routing feature lets you specify the times and days when incoming calls should be routed to specific devices and numbers.
- One of the highlighting features of this service is Auto-Attendant Configuration which lets you play a professional greeting message when someone calls you.
- Virtual Landline also assures that all calls go to five agents simultaneously for faster communication.
- This also supports many third-party software integrations, such as Outlook and some CRM software integrations.
- Perfect for UK-based businesses
- Excellent and fast customer support
- Affordable pricing
- Suitable for remote-workers
- Pay As You Go Calls (PAYG) pricing model
- Customer support not available on weekend
Virtual Landline has four paid plans: Starter, Basic, Unlimited, and 0800 Freephone. The Starter plan comes at £3.95 per month. The Basic and Unlimited plan comes at £5.95 monthly and £7.95 monthly, respectively. In the end, the 0800 Freephone costs £9.95 a month. Each plan offers varied features. You can check features associated with each plan from their official pricing page.
VirtualPBX is another Best VoIP Service with many exceptional features at reasonable pricing. This VoIP service is suitable for everyone, such as Small Businesses, Tech Companies, Healthcare industries, Financial Institutes, Call Centres, and Remote Offices. It is one of the most flexible options for Call Centres. They have also received an award for winning voice, video, and texting features and 24×7 customer support. This VoIP supports HD voice calls and group video calls for better and more effective communication. One of the highlighting features of VirtualPBX is its Text Message support. VirtualPBX lets you send unlimited text messages to your customers and colleagues without limitations. Another most useful feature of this VoIP service provider is Auto Attendant. In simple terms, Auto Attendant lets you add a greeting to play when your customer calls you. It lets you know the primary reason the caller is connecting with you. So, the system can route the caller to the right person according to their issue or reason.
VirtualPBX also comes with Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Queues that enable you to track different metrics, such as active time, calls done, call volume, agent performance, waiting time, and more. Interestingly, this VoIP service offers an application called Softphone App. The Softphone App lets you dial numbers and connect with your customer through an application. VirtualPBX supports multiple two platforms: smartphones and desktops. You can even directly make calls from your browser with ease. Similar to a Virtual Landline, it also has a DID Selection feature. Without installing physical lines, it lets you route calls to your existing landlines, mobile numbers, or employees with DID numbers.
VirtualPBX also provides a real-time dashboard to monitor your call center or customer support team activities. For instance, you can check the available and busy agents in a few clicks. You can even see all active and incoming calls with the names. This feature works on both Web Phone and VirtualPBX Softphone. VirtualPBX also integrates well with third-party software, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Teams, Zapier, Salesforce CRM, and a few more.
Key Features Of VirtualPBX
- VirtualPBX lets you change your Caller ID or Calling Name in a few clicks. You can also call Anonymously with VirtualPBX.
- VirtualPBX’s Voicemail messages allow you to add greetings and easily send voicemail messages.
- It also provides a real-time dashboard to monitor your call center or customer support team activities.
- VirtualPBX also integrates well with third-party software, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Teams, Zapier, Salesforce CRM, and a few more.
- It lets you directly make calls from your browser with your internet connection by simply opening the dialer.
- You can see the available and busy agents and all active and incoming calls with the names in one dashboard.
- VirtualPBX also comes with Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Queues that enable you to track different metrics, such as active time, calls done, call volume, agent performance, waiting time, and more.
- 24×7 fast and responsive support
- Affordable price
- Web support
- A bit difficult to set up
- Entirely depend on your internet quality. (Bad connection can cause issues)
VirtualPBX has three different plans: Flex, Pro, and Premier. The Flex plan comes at $17 per month for one user. The Pro plan comes at $24 per month for one user. In the end, the Premier plan is a custom plan. You need to contact their sales team to get a price according to your requirements.
RingCentral VoIP, also known as Ring Central Unified Communications, is a cloud-based communication service that provides voice and video calling and conferencing services. It offers several features that make it more than just a basic phone service. It includes features like call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail to email, and more. RingCentral is different from other services present on the list. Some VoIP services only come with Call support. While some features both Call and Text support. There is one thing missing in all VoIP Services, which is Video support. And RingCentral makes it possible. This VoIP service comes with all three communication modes: Voice Call, Video Call, and Text. You can connect with your customers and team members through voice calls, video calls, and text messages. This VoIP service also offers local numbers and toll-free numbers at affordable numbers to connect with your clients at the lowest rate.
One of the important features of RingCentral is Call Delegation. The Call Delegation feature lets admins see which executive is placing calls on behalf of other executives to reduce workload. This helps most when your call center is getting a huge number of calls. It also has an essential feature called Call Screening. The Call Screening feature shows information about the caller, such as their Caller ID, phone number, etc. You can also block the numbers if you don’t want to talk with some callers. RingCentral also comes with a Call Flip feature to simply switch calls between your desktop, mobile, or softphone.
RingCentral also has some powerful analytics features, such as Analytics Portal, Performance Report, Live Report, etc. This VoIP service features a detailed yet easy-to-use analytics dashboard to check important KPIs, such as all users, calls taken, call-in queues, etc. You can also check live metrics, such as agents available, ongoing calls, agents unavailable, etc.
Key Features Of RingCentral
- You can integrate RingCentral with collaboration software, like Google Workspace, Slack, and Microsoft 365.
- RingCentral supports three communication modes for faster and better communication: Voice Calls, Video Calls, and Text Messages.
- It has a Call Delegation feature that lets admins see who is taking calls on behalf of other executives to reduce call loads.
- RingCentral features a detailed yet easy-to-use analytics dashboard to check essential KPIs, such as all users, calls taken, call-in queues, etc.
- It also lets you check metrics in real-time, such as agents available, ongoing calls, agents unavailable, etc.
- One of the highlighting features of RingCentral is that you can make calls from your web browser as well as your smartphone.
- RingCentral also has a Call Flip feature to simply switch calls between your desktop, mobile, or softphone.
- Multiple integrations
- Unlimited audio conferencing
- Can host video conferences with up to 200 participants
- 24/7 customer support (on some plans)
- Ideal for all types of employees, including remote employees
- Difficult to use
- 24/7 customer support available, not on entry-level plans
RingCentral has four pricing plans: Essentials, Standard, Premium, and Ultimate. The Essentials plan comes at $14.99 for one user per month. The Standard plan costs $20.99 for one user per month. On the other hand, Premium and Ultimate plans cost $26.24 and $37.49 per month for one user.
8×8 is another reliable cloud-based unified communication solution that deals with business phones having Voice, Video, and Text support to stay in touch with your customers. It has many exciting features at effective pricing, even suitable for small businesses. 8×8 is best for free and clear international calling. With its powerful features, you can seamlessly conduct video conferences and web meetings with up to 500 participants. One of the highlighting features of 8×8 is 3-Way Calling. The 3-Way Calling feature allows you to add another third-person between your calls without needing special equipment. Besides this, it also lets you do conference calls if you want to do a call with more than three people. You can add up to 50 people on the call.
The best feature about 8×8 is it has zero restrictions on making calls, hosting video meetings, and sending messages. This is because it is cloud-based software, and all you need is a good internet connection. 8×8 has some other essential features, such as Auto Call Attender that lets you ask some necessary questions and connects them to the right people. This feature is useful to save time and solve people’s queries quickly. 8×8 comes with over 60+ third-party integrations, including Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, 1CRM, and more.
Key Features Of 8×8
- You can integrate 8×8 with popular third-party software, such as Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, 1CRM, Copper, Freshdesk, and more.
- 8×8 lets you do video conferences and web meetings with up to 500 participants, seamlessly call connectivity, and powerful features.
- One of the key features of 8×8 is it lets you make unlimited voice calls and send unlimited text messages without any restrictions.
- With 8×8, you can edit your Caller ID and even see the caller’s calling id to identify them. It also comes with a Block feature to block some calls.
- It has a 3-Way Calling feature that lets you add a third party to your calls when required without needing any special equipment.
- It also comes with three essential call management features: Ring Group, Call Monitoring, and Call Queues.
- Free trial
- CRM integrations
- Video conferencing supports up to 500 participants
- Support desktop and mobile apps
- Fewer integrations
8×8 has three premium plans: 8×8 Express, X2, and X4. The 8×8 Express plan costs $15 per month for one user. The X2 plan comes at $24 per month for one user. On the other hand, the X4 plan costs $44 for one user per month.
Grasshopper Virtual Phone is an online virtual phone system that allows businesses to have a virtual office. It offers the convenience of a dedicated phone number and business-class VoIP service without the need for expensive hardware or local phone lines. It is again a cloud-based communication service. You can make calls with the help of an internet connection at zero cost. Grasshopper also provides toll-free numbers to make the business sound more professional and save money. Not only this, but Grasshopper also offers other kinds of phone numbers, such as Vanity Numbers and Local Numbers. One of the primary features of Grasshopper Virtual Phone is Instant Replies. Grasshopper lets you automatically text callers when you are not available to take their calls. You can send a message mentioning your availability.
Another feature of Grasshopper Virtual Phone is that it lets you create unlimited extensions. In addition, each extension comes with features like voicemail, call forwarding, away greetings, and more. It is possible that you cannot record greeting messages, waiting messages, etc., if you lack confidence or don’t have a compelling voice. Here comes a unique feature by Grasshopper. Grasshopper has a feature called Voice Studio. Grasshopper has a pool of professional voice talents that lets you easily record messages for your business. One of the highlighting features of Grasshopper is Simultaneous Call Handling. Simultaneous Call Handling lets you attend multiple calls concurrently. Grasshopper also has many other powerful features, such as Business Texting, Group Messages, MMS Support, Call Forwarding, Auto Attendant, and more.
Key Features Of Grasshopper Virtual Phone
- Grasshopper has a team of professional voice talents that lets you record different voice messages, such as greeting and waiting messages, etc.
- You can send international messages without limitations by the service provider.
- Grasshopper also has a feature that automatically reads voicemails sent to your email address by your callers.
- It has many powerful features, such as Business Texting, Group Messages, MMS Support, Call Forwarding, Auto Attendant, and more.
- Grasshopper lets you automatically text callers when you are not available to take their calls. You can send a message mentioning your availability.
- It also comes with a feature that lets you detect spam calls using the internet only. However, this feature only works in Canada and the US.
- You can conveniently attend calls with Grasshopper on multiple platforms, such as iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Grasshopper has a Simultaneous Call Handling feature that lets you attend multiple calls simultaneously, so they never hear the call waiting message.
- Fast and robust faxing capabilities
- Easy-to-use interface
- Voicemail greetings
- Free trial
- Multi-platform support
- Requires an existing phone line
- No video conferencing
- Limited collaboration tools
Grasshopper has three paid plans: Solo, Partner, and Small Business. The Solo Plan is $26 for one month, suitable for individuals and solopreneurs. The Partner plan is $44 per month, perfect for growing businesses. In the end, the Small Business plan costs $80 per month for more advanced and flexible features.
How To Choose the Best VoIP Service Providers?
Hundreds of VoIP service providers are out there, and each offers something unique that makes it stand out from others. When choosing a VoIP service provider, you should look for advanced features.
But, before that, you should look at some essential features that will play a huge role in smoother operations. Many important factors should be considered when choosing the best VoIP provider.
- Basic-to-Advanced Features
- Third-Party Integrations
- Customer Support
- Unified Services
1. Basic-to-Advanced Features: One of the first factors you should consider is that your VoIP provider should offer all essential features, such as call forwarding, auto-attendant, call bargaining, DND mode, voicemail, conferencing, etc. Furthermore, it should also have some advanced features, like Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is a must-have feature you should look for in a virtual business phone.
Image Credit: Callhippo.com
2. Cost-Effectiveness: Is your selected VoIP provider offering all the basic to advanced features at a valuable price? If yes. Then, you have chosen the right VoIP Service. VoIP technology is known for reducing costs and increasing efficiency. According to Telzio, VoIP technology can reduce overall costs by 50%-70%. VoIP providers charge differently for their services. You now need to make some effort by comparing different providers. This is because the pricing of your VoIP service can have a huge impact on the profitability of your business. While looking for a VoIP service, always clear these things to your service provider:
- Initial installation and setup fee
- Feature upgradations
- International and local phone costs
- Staff training and support fee
- Maintenance charges
Image Credit: Callhippo.com
3. Scalability: You will undoubtedly have vast and different plans to grow your business, and one day it will reach a higher level. Ultimately, your business will grow in size as well as locations. Now, you need to ask this question to yourself: Is your VoIP service scalable? The answer conveys everything. You need to invest in an easily scalable VoIP service. You need to ensure that your VoIP service is scalable as your business grows. In short, it’s not hindering your company’s growth. These days all VoIP service providers offer better scalability and advanced features at an affordable price. But, still, it is better to discuss your scalability plans with your VoIP service provider.
4. Third-Party Integrations: There could be different purposes for using VoIP technology. Some people use it for handling customer queries, while some use it to reach out to customers for sales. And your use case could also be different. So, it becomes essential that your selected VoIP service supports integrations with popular software. You must ensure that it integrates with popular business applications such as Zoho, Salesforce, HubSpot, Gmail, etc.
Image Credit: Freepik.com
5. Customer Support: Another thing you should consider while choosing a VoIP service provider is customer support. You should always ensure that your own-picked VoIP provider offers excellent customer support. Nowadays, most VoIP service providers provide 24×7 chat, phone, and email customer support. You need to ensure this. Besides this, you also need to ensure you are getting customer support for free without paying additional money. So, you can contact them anytime you want for their help.
Image Credit: Freepik.com
6. Flexibility: Another factor you should consider is that your VoIP provider is flexible enough to make changes. It means you can customize the VoIP phone service according to your needs and requirements. Your VoIP provider should have a mobile app or a web portal that lets you make changes and provide the highest level of flexibility. Your business can’t afford to miss your clients’ calls. By choosing a flexible VoIP phone service, you’ll have full mobility of your phone system and be able to take your call on the go.
7. Security: Data breach is common these days, and once it happens, it costs too much to companies in terms of revenue and reputation. The security of VoIP can be compromised in different ways. You can only protect it by ensuring that your VoIP service offers a high level of security. Good security features are necessary, especially when you have a huge amount of client data.
Image Credit: Freepik.com
8. Unified Services: The last thing you need to ensure you are getting is unified communications support. It refers to integrating voice, video, and data services over IP networks. Unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provides customers with an easy way to manage their communications tools from one dashboard or application.
These are the basic features you should consider when choosing the VoIP service provider.
We finally looked at each VoIP Service in detail, along with their features, pros and cons, and pricing. All the 8 best VoIP services come with exceptional features. You can choose any VoIP service according to your needs and requirements. Additionally, we suggest making a list of features you need and the money you can invest in a VoIP phone. This will help you choose the best virtual business phone according to your needs and budget. We would suggest going with CallHippo for more advanced and flexible features. However, if you are a small business or don’t have a big budget, you can look for OpenPhone VoIP services.