If you see two Facebook messenger icons on the status bar of your mobile device, there’s no reason for you to panic.
There’s actually a pretty simple explanation behind it.
In this post, I will give you the quick rundown on what these two Facebook messenger icons in status bar are all about, and how you can get rid of that.
Why Are There Two Facebook Messenger Icons In Status Bar?
Here are the 2 possible reasons why you see 2 Messenger icons on the status bar:
⚡Also Read: Messenger unknown caller
New Messages And Active Chat Heads
The two icons you see on the status bar are actually normal messenger notifications. These icons will have a different appearance, one will be white and the other will be outlined.
- The white icon lets you know that you have new and unread messages waiting for you.
- The outlined icon means you have active chat heads
This is not an issue that needs any resolving – it’s basically how messenger is designed.
Sometimes, even different Messenger conversions can show up as different icons.
Two Facebook Accounts
Another potential explanation could be that the dual messenger feature has been turned on.
Dual messenger is an option available on some Samsung mobile devices.
It allows you to have two separate accounts on the same app, and send and receive messages using both accounts simultaneously.
This feature works on Facebook messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc.
If you turn the dual messenger on and log into two accounts on Facebook messenger, you will see two Facebook messenger icons on the status bar of your device.
How To Get Rid of The Two Facebook Icons On The Status Bar
If you don’t like having two Facebook messenger icons on the status bar of your device, there are two simple things you can do.
Turn Dual Messenger Off
One thing you can do is to turn the dual messenger feature off for Facebook messenger.
⚡Also Read: Facebook Scrolling And Jumping Problems
To turn off the Dual Messenger feature on your device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings on your device. You can do this by dragging down the status bar and tapping the cogwheel icon, or tapping the settings on the set of apps on the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced features.
- Tap on Dual Messenger.
- Now you will see a list of apps that are compatible with the Dual Messenger feature.
- To disable the feature for a specific app (Facebook messenger in your case), toggle the switch associated with that app off.
- Once you have disabled the Dual Messenger feature for an app, the second app icon will no longer appear on the home screen or the status bar.
Have Only One Facebook Account
Your other option is to have only one Facebook account logged in on your device.
You can either delete one account, or just remove it from the device.
⚡Also Read: Does Facebook Randomly Delete Friends?
If you see two Facebook messenger icons on the status bar, it’s there to let you know that you have new messages and active chats.
To get rid of this, the only option is to turn off Messenger notifications.
Or you may have turned the dual messenger feature on, and have logged into two messenger accounts using the same app. You can easily turn it off through the device’s settings or choose to have only one Facebook account.