Pinterest is a unique social media platform that allows users to search and save images, called pins, onto boards.
Searching for the right board can help you quickly find and organize pins that are related to a certain topic.
While it is obvious that you can use the search bar to find boards, there are other methods and tips that can help make your search easier.
But first, let’s explore why searching Pinterest boards matter. ✅
Why Should You Search Pinterest Boards?
Unlike other social media sites that gather all the media into one giant timeline, Pinterest is organized into boards.
- Boards are like categories that help you organize and find pins about a particular topic or interest.
- Group boards are even better for finding pins.
These boards are shared between multiple people who add their own pins to the board.
They are called collaborators. 💁
- Being a collaborator in a group board that has more followers is a great way to gain more exposure for your pins.
- It allows you to get your content in front of people who may not have seen it otherwise.
Although Pinterest has changed its algorithm of suggesting pins to its users, group boards are still the best way to increase your pins’ reach and engagement.
In addition, group boards have many benefits for bloggers and businesses alike.
- They can be used to promote products, services, or events.
- You can even use them as a way of networking within the blogging community.
This is especially beneficial for those who are new to Pinterest, as they need more follower count to take advantage of the platform.
⚡ Also Read: How to merge boards on Pinterest
Best Way To Search For Pinterest Boards
First up, you can only search boards on Pinterest on the Desktop version. Android and Apple apps do not have this option at the moment.
Step 1: To search boards, you must first log in to your Pinterest account.
Step 2: Enter your preferred topic in the search bar at the top of your Pinterest account and press enter on your keyboard.
Step 3: Now click All Pins in the right-hand corner of the search bar, select Boards, and hit enter. This will show you all the related boards to your given topic.
Easy Method to Find Pinterest Group Boards
Although the above method helps you find relevant Pinterest boards, it doesn’t filter off group boards and individual boards.
It will be time-consuming to browse through so many boards to find relevant group boards to join. To quickly discover group boards that you can join, you can use another online service.
Pro Tip 🔥
Pingroupie is an online service that allows you to quickly browse through Pinterest group boards and find ones that could be relevant to your topic.
The service also has the option to filter the groups that have a join button, follower count, collaborators count, etc.
It’s a great way to find relevant group boards and join them quickly!
The service was free for a long time, but now they charge a small monthly fee for using it.
However, it can still be worth the investment as you can quickly and easily find the right group boards to join.
How To Find Your Boards On Pinterest
If you have a hard time finding your boards, here’s the basic process you can follow:
Step 1: Log into your Pinterest account and click on your profile icon in the top right-hand corner. This will bring you to your profile page.
Step 2: Now click on the “Saved” tab above your pins. You can easily find this tab when you scroll down your profile a bit.
You can find all of your boards (public and private), including the boards you have joined, on the Saved tab of your profile.
Note: This page won’t show you the boards you followed.
Where Did My Pinterest Boards Go?
If you find that some (or all) of your boards are missing, there could be several reasons:
- You may have accidentally deleted the boards. If this is the case, you can not recover your board.
- You are currently viewing the created tab. In this case, you’ll have to go to your profile and find your board on the Saved tab.
- You archived a board. Archived boards do not appear on the list of boards to save pins. However, they do not disappear. To find those achieved boards, you have to scroll to the end of the “Saved” tab in your profile.
- You created a second Pinterest account. Sometimes you can accidentally create another account by logging in to your Facebook, Google, or Apple account. If that is the case, please log out from these accounts so you can switch between them and find your lost board.
- Pinterest has removed your board. If the content of your board goes against the community guidelines, Pinterest may remove your board. If this is the case, you will not be able to find your board anymore. However, you will receive an email explaining why your board is removed.
If none of this applies to you, then it’s time to contact support.
⚡ Also Read: Local rate limited Pinterest
What To Consider When Searching For Group Boards?
When searching for Pinterest group boards, you should check on four things.
1 Follower Count Of The Board
A group board is only useful if the follower count is high. The higher the follower count, the more likely that a wider audience will see your pins.
2 Whether It Is A Group Board Or Not
Before you get involved in a board, make sure that it is actually a group board. You can look at the board’s profile and see if there are multiple contributors.
⚡ Also Read: Accidentally hide a Pin on Pinterest
3 The Topics And Interests Of The Board
Make sure that the pins posted on the board are related to your interests so that you can engage with the content.
Also, if the topics of the board don’t match what you are trying to promote, it’s not worth joining.
4 Presence Of The Join Button
If the board does not have a Join button, then you are at a disadvantage because the chances of joining that board are limited.
Some group board owners do not like spammers. They take special care when choosing potential board members to guarantee the highest standards.
For this, some members require contact through email and other social media. Some others need you to contact them through Pinterest. Either way, you can’t guarantee that you’ll be accepted.
Therefore, it’s wise to search for boards with a Join button. This indicates the board is actively looking for new members.
By clicking this button, you can apply to join the board, and the owner can review your application at their own convenience. This process is much faster than emailing or messaging the board owner.
Pinterest boards are a great way to find relevant pins to your interests. If it is a group board, it is even more helpful. This guide has gone over how to search boards on Pinterest and what to do with boards.
By making the most of Pinterest boards, you can noticeably expand your outreach to more potential customers. So, why not give it a try? You won’t regret it!