Leadpages is one of the popular landing page builders in the market. It enables businesses to take advantage of its excellent features to build powerful landing pages, generating leads.
Businesses thrive on leads — the more leads you get, the better! The quality of leads also matters. To achieve your goals, you need to use a landing page builder. After all, you do not want to go back and forth with your designer for minor tweaks now and then. A builder makes it easy for you to make changes as you want them. It not only saves your time but also saves you precious money!
In our Leadpages review, we will learn what it has to offer and see if it fits your needs or not. Leadpags is a complete platform that gives you access to every tool so that you can create landing pages, websites, alert bars, popups, and more!
Clickfunnels is also a popular landing page builder. You can also check out my detailed guide about ClickFunnels Vs Leadpages
Leadpages is a well-known landing page creator that offers many features to help businesses create and optimize landing pages. It was established by Clay Collins in 2012 and is based in the United States. Recently, Redbrik, a company that deals with digital properties, bought Leadpages.
With it, you as a marketer can easily design landing pages that offer excellent leads generation and help you convert visitors to customers. Leadpages has recently introduced its website builder which lets users create websites from scratch or using templates. Moreover, you can also use the website builder to create alert bars and pop-ups.
Leadpages support custom domains which means you can quickly add them to your site and start publishing landing pages. To simplify the process, Leadpages offers its hosting so that you can quickly host your creations to the world. However, the support of a custom domain means you can easily set up Leadpages to work with your own domain.
The Leadpages solution is huge. Our review goes through the different aspects of Leadpages, including its features, pricing, support, toolset, integrations, and more. However, to simplify the Leadpages review for you, check out a quick overview of what it has to offer.
- Leadpages come with a feature-rich drag and drop builder. It offers an intuitive approach where users with no coding experience can start creating landing pages from scratch or using templates.
- You get tons of templates with Leadpages! Right now, it has more than 150+ free templates. You also get access to paid templates from the marketplaces. The templates make it easy for you to create your landing page as you can easily edit the elements according to your requirement.
- Great integrations! Leadpages has one of the diverse integration options. The integrations are not locked behind any plan. This means you get access to all the integrations irrespective of the plan you choose. Only the Advanced plan offers high-level integrations that enterprises normally require.
- To improve landing page success, you can also utilize A/B testing. It is easy to use and lets you learn which page is performing better.
- With detailed analytics, you can learn how your campaigns are performing.
You also get access to other additional “Lead” features.
- Leadboxes: Let you create customized pop-up forms that you can customize based on user’s input and actions.
Leadpages gives you all the tools to focus on growing your email list and converting visitors to leads. You can also use the tools to make the visitors take a specific action.
At the core of Leadpages, you will get its drag and drop builder. The builder is aimed at beginners, and hence you will find it easy to use from the onset. In fact, if you have used any WordPress page builder before, you will find a lot of similarities in how it works. The editor is a WYSIWYG editor, which means you know what to expect while working with the builder.
Once you open up the builder, you will instantly get access to different options. For example, you can easily do a live preview by choosing the option on the right side of the screen. However, the majority of the options are located on the left sidebar. There you get access to:
- Widgets: The widgets are the page elements used for creating a landing page. They are basic building blocks, and you can use them as per your need or requirement. So, if you want to include a form, you can easily drag and drop the form widget and start using it by customizing it.
- Page Styles: With page styles, you can customize the background images, fonts, and other aspects of your landing page.
- Page Tracking: Page tracking is where you can enter analytics code to track your visitors.
- Page Layouts: The page layouts let you change the foundational grid layout using columns and rows.
Once you drag a widget to the canvas, you also get a new set of settings for it — giving you complete control over your landing page.
Other key features offered by the builder include:
- Ability to preview the page in tablet and smartphone viewports.
- Use conversion tools to your advantage. For example, you can create trigger links, op-tin texts, and alert bars.
However, the builder does come with some drawbacks that you should know. These drawbacks include:
- Inability to change the template design in smartphone and tablet overview. This means you cannot customize the landing page for different viewpoints. However, you can preview them.
- The Leadpages builder doesn’t provide visual guides. Instapage, on the other hand, provides the feature.
- Leadpages builder is also not as flexible and works very similar to WordPress page builder plugins where you need to organize elements based on row and column structure.
To give users the best possible way to create landing pages, Leadpages offer 150+ templates. You are free to choose any template of your choice. Each element within the template is editable. You can also replace the widgets and add new features to the landing page.
All the landing page templates are of high quality and professionally created. These templates are also crafted with real data from developers so that they can perform when used.
The Leadpages team also release new templates. At the time of writing, they have released holiday templates which include templates for New Year and Black Friday.
They offer templates for both websites and landing pages. To check the complete list, go to the template list and check it out yourself.
It is easy to get confused when you have so many options. To make sure that users do not feel confused, Leadpages offer a quick start wizard. The wizard walks the user through the key decision points so that it shows you filtered choices.
For example, it will ask your choice on if you want to create a landing page or a website. Once you select the option, it will show you the template for the purpose. It will also ask you about the landing page’s purpose, such as making sales, generating leads, or something else. The questions continue until it picks the best high-converting layouts for your purpose.
Even though Leadpages is primarily aimed at building landing pages, Leadpages also comes with a website builder tool. With it, you can create a high converting website where you can easily convert leads. You also got to choose from a good collection of website templates.
If you have used their landing page builder, then you will find it easy to use the website builder as well. Basically, you get new options here including navigation menus and sitewide settings.
Just like the landing pages, you also start using a template and then customize it based on your requirements. Creating a website using Leadpages is great considering that you can use all the Leadpages converting features here.
It is vital to learn which version of your landing page is working best. That’s where A/B testing comes in. Leadpages offers excellent split test features where you can put landing pages in the test and find out which one is working best for you.
The A/B testing can be set up and executed easily. If you feel confused, you can easily check the knowledge base on how to carry out testing.
You also get access to Leadmeter, a split testing reporting tool that reports on how well or worse your designs are performing. Basically, you create different variations and then show that specific portion of the landing page to the end-user. The Leadmeter captures the data from both variants, and you can then check out which variant is working best. This way, you can do data-driven design and make the best possible version of your landing page.
With Leadpages, you get to know how your landing pages and websites are performing. You can easily add different tracking software to your landing page, including the use of third-party tracking code, including Google analytics. Moreover, the analytics dashboard provides all the details that you will need to know how your Leadpages landing page or website is performing.
Leadpages offer an in-built SEO feature. This means that you easily customize your pages and set SEO data to your page, including description, keywords, and title. Moreover, you can preview the page in real-time to learn how the landing page SEO will look on the search engine.
The website and landing page that you create loads fast! This is to ensure that no one leaves your landing page or website due to poor performance, and you can get the conversion of the proper leads.
Leadpages also lets you create alert bars and popups.
With pop-ups, you can easily attract the attention of the visitor and ask them to take action. You can also use trigger events and time delays to make the most out of the pop-ups. If you intend to capture the user’s attention when they try to leave, you can use exit-intent pop-ups. Moreover, you also get flexible publishing options where you can use the popups on the website, landing page, or WordPress.
Similarly, you can create alert bars that stay on top of a landing page or website. They also help you to grab user’s attention and overcome the intrusive behavior of pop-ups. Moreover, alert bars are mobile-friendly. The key features offered by alert bars include:
- Mobile-friendly layouts
- Flexible publishing options
- Simplified analytics
- Text-based or opt-in forms
One of the interesting widgets offered by Leadpages is the payments and checkout widget. With the widget you can easily accept payments via Stripe. This means you can use it to accept payments and in return sell digital products.
You can also use the widget to sell eBooks or event tickets.
Leadpages also let you easily publish your landing pages. You can opt for publishing a landing page standalone or on your WordPress site.
So, basically, if you have a custom domain set, you can simply push the page to publish state. Moreover, you can also use the Leadpages subdomain feature to publish it.
However, if you are not interested in not using the sub-domain feature, then you can also integrate it into your site using your site’s domain name. You can use different methods to do so including the dynamic HTML option.
But, what if you use WordPress? Well, Leadpages offer a dedicated WordPress plugin that lets you integrate Leadpages to your site and then help publish the content directly from the WordPress dashboard.
The WordPress plugin also gives you access to extra features including the ability to:
- Show welcome gate using Leadpages
- Cache Leadpages for faster load times.
Leadpages offers three plans: Standard, Pro, and Advanced. All of their plans come with a 14-day trial. However, to avail of the free trial, you need to enter credit card details. They cite the reason as they want to keep your creations even after your trial expires. Even though the reason seems factual, but in reality, you already have 14-days to decide if you want to go with them or not! Anyway, if you still want to try out the trial, make sure that you deactivate the subscription(or remove your credit card information) after activating the trial.
Each of their plans also comes with the following:
- A new Leadpages site builder for creating high-converting websites.
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited traffic and leads
- Unlimited alert bars and pop-ups
- Lead notifications
- Rapid page load speed
- Lead magnet hosting and delivery
- Mobile responsive pages
- GDPR compliance
- Real-time analytics
- SEO capability
Leadpages also offer a 7-day money-back guarantee on all your plan, and you are also free to cancel your subscription any time you want.
They have recently increased their pricing for all their plans. However, the increase is not that much to impact your purchasing decision.
The Standard plan starts from $37 per month($27 if billed annually). As you might have guessed from pricing, it is aimed at small businesses. With the Standard plan, you can use Leadpages on one site. You can create pop-ups, alter bars, and landing pages.
If you choose the annual plan, you also get access to a free custom domain.
To summarize, the Standard plan offers the following:
- One site
- Unlimited traffic and leads
- Landing pages
- Alert bars
- Free hosting
- Free custom domain(if you get an annual plan)
- Lead notifications
- Mobile-responsive site templates
- Tech support via email
- Access to 40+ standard integrations
The Pro plan is ideal for businesses that want to accept payments via their landing pages or want SMS text campaigns. The Pro plan starts from $79 per month($59 per month if billed annually). Here, you can add up to three sites. Similar to the Standard plan, you can also get access to the free custom domain if you choose the annual Pro plan.
In terms of features, you get Standard plan features. Apart from that, you get the following options:
- Unlimited A/B split testing
- Online sales and payments
You also get better support with the Pro plan with access to support via Chat.
If you are a large business, then you may want to choose Advanced. Advanced supports up to 50 sites and comes with a plethora of other features not available in the PRO and Standard Leadpages plans.
The Advanced plan is costly. You need to pay $321 per month($238 per month if you billed annually).
With the Advanced plan, you get everything offered by the PRO plan. However, the similarities end here. The Advanced plan comes with priority tech support via Phone. Apart from that, you get advanced integrations.
To summarize, the Advanced plan offers:
- Everything that Pro plan offers
- Includes 5 Pro sub-accounts
- 1-on-1 quick start call
- Advanced integrations
With Leadpages, you get 40+ Leadpages integrations. These integrations are categorized into different categories so that it becomes easy for you to find the best integration for you. For instance, you can find your analytics integration from the analytics category.
Leadpages support all the popular integrations including the likes of:
- Google analytics
- ZoHo CRM
- Instagram Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Campaign Monitor
And many more! If you want to know more about the integrations, check out here.
All their plans include access to the integrations. However, you can access advanced integrations including Marketo, Salesforce, Pardot, and Hubspot.
In conclusion, pricing is on point. Even with the recent increase in pricing, the plans are priced correctly. However, the lack of A/B testing on the Standard plan is a big disappointment, considering that you always need A/B testing when you create landing pages.
Hence, its price advantage over Instpage or Unbounce cannot be justified considering that it lacks the A/B testing. However, unlimited traffic and leads make Leadpages a great pick considering that you do not have to worry about any traffic limitations.
Leadpages offers support for all of their plans. However, you get different levels of support from their plans. For example, if you opt for their Standard plan, you will get tech support via email. Coming to the Pro plan, Leadpages provides support via chat and email. They provide priority tech support via phone for their Advanced plan.
Leadpages also offers a help center that contains answers to most of the beginner’s and intermediate questions. There, you can get a complete guide on how to build a landing page or a site. In fact, you will also find other topics related to Leadpages, including:
- How to integrate with Leadpages
- Publishing with lead pages
- Analytics and tracking
Leadpages is an excellent landing page creator. However, it is not always the best choice, especially if you have a non-conventional approach to landing page creation. In this section, we will go through Leadpages’ pros and cons.
- Leadpages is affordable for the most part. The Standard plan is just $27 per month and if you are a small business or just start starting your business, you will find it within your budget. Even the Pro version is priced right and would fit within the budget constraints of a business that wants the support of up to three sites.
- Leadpages is fairly easy to use
- It also comes with solid integration options. Also, all integrations options are available across the plans. Only the advanced plan has access to advanced integrations.
- There is no traffic limitations on any of the plans.
- You can quickly create landing pages.
- You can filter templates with high conversion rates.
- Even though Leadpages come with the Advanced plan, it still doesn’t match enterprise needs. The lack of an enterprise plan can make enterprises steer away from their solution.
- The drag-and-drop is not as smooth as expected. It becomes sluggish when your landing page becomes complex with time.
- The customization options are limited.
In conclusion, you get a lot of pros with Leadpages. It offers a good collection of templates for creating landing pages. However, the landing page quality falls gracefully when compared to Instpage or Unbounce. The drag-and-drop sluggish behavior can kick in if you do a lot of customization. But, that doesn’t limit your ability to do customization.
Leadpages inability to provide A/B testing for its basic plan makes it not a great option, especially for marketers that want to find out what works best for them or their company. That’s where Leadpages alternatives come in. If you are looking for an alternative to Leadpags, then check out the following:
- Instapage: Instapage is a great alternative to Leadpages. It offers an easy-to-use landing page builder. Instapage’s biggest advantage over Leadpages is the additional Instapage features. For example, Instapage offers AdMap – a way to visualize Ads match for your landing pages. This way, you can improve landing page effectiveness. Instapage also offers better team collaboration features. However, the Instapage plan is way costlier compared to Leadpages.
- Unbounce: Unbounce is yet another popular landing page creator. It offers access to a drag-and-drop builder and you can use over 100 available templates. All of the templates are customizable and work with WordPress. However, Unbounce is also costlier than Leadpages.
- ClickFunnels: Clickfunnels is primarily aimed towards the marketers who want to create funnels. Clickfunnels do come with a landing page builder. It also comes with marketing automation tools that can help you build your audience and improve sales.
- Hubspot landing page: Hubspot offers a landing page creator. It works well with the marketing campaigns that you can build under Hubspot. The landing page builder is drag-and-drop and easy to use. Hubspot landing page also offers templates that you can use to start your project.
- MailChimp: Even though MailChimp is mainly for sending emails, it does offer other sets of powerful tools that you can use to build your business. One of the well-known tools is the landing page builder, which you can use effectively along with other tools, including email, ads, and social media. The builder here is also drag-and-drop. Also, MailChimp offers a free tier that can help any business just starting up.
You can also check out SendinBlue and GetResponse, as they also offer great landing page builders with more features fine-tuned for businesses.
So, where do we stand with Leadpages? Is it good for you? Well, that’s only you can decide. Leadpages is undoubtedly a great option if you are looking purely for a landing page creator. It offers tons of templates to choose from. The addition of new templates over time also makes Leadpages valuable in the long term. They recently added the option to create a website which is also beneficial to businesses that want to benefit from using a single ecosystem.
However, the lack of A/B testing for their Standard plan is a bummer, considering that you are denied one of the most important features required to optimize landing pages. Apart from that, their pricing is on-point. Their PRO plan, with the support of three sites, is the sweet spot for businesses. Moreover, it also gives you access to A/B testing, which is crucial for improving lead generation through landing pages.
But, what about the editor? Does it offer extensive features? Well, for the most part, it does. However, it lacks a few key features such as lack of visual guide and the fixed nature of grid-based implementation. But, it does shine when it comes to customization.
If you want more from your landing page builder, you can check out other alternatives discussed in our review. So, what choice did you make? Do you think Leadpages is worth your time and money? Comment below and let us know.